ToolbarBrowser - FREE Search Toolbar
Toolbar Browser - Developer FAQ
- In the IE toolbar menu, the toolbar names do not match the toolbar.
- How can I view the source of existing toolbars?
- Will the ToolbarBrowser work with FireFox? Now or future?
- I have added my own .gif image to the toolbar but my image does not appear.
- When distributing my own toolbars, can I remove the default bars such as "Shopping"?
- How do I make my own toolbar .exe install file to distribute?
- How can I uninstall ToolbarBrowser?
This is a known IE problem where the toolbar list that IE keeps in the registry goes out of sync.
1. Click on the Windows Start buttom and select RUN from the menu.
2. Type in regedit
3. In regedit, navigate the registry to find and select the folder:
4. In the Right Hand Side list, select and right click the key ITBarLayout
5. Select Delete from the menu to delete it.
6. Re-start IE.
To view the source of existing ToolbarBrowser bars:1. Right click a toolbar button
2. Select Customize from the menu
3. Click the SOURCE button
Or you can:1. Open the About dialog
2. Select a toolbar from the list of installed toolbars
3. Copy and open the SOURCE url in a browser.
The current ToolbarBrowser version works only with IE and there are no short term plans to port it to FireFox or any other browser. Once there is sufficient demand for a FireFox version, this may change.
In the current version only icon files .ico can be used with the "toolbar" control. GIF, PNG, BMP and JPG images can not be used at this time. They can be used with the "image" or "button" control types however.
When users install the Toolbar Browser via a download from your website, (see the manual for more information on distributing toolbars.) you can remove one or more of the default bars. This is done by placing the <UNINSTALL toolbar="toolbar_name" ><UNINSTALL> code in the XML of your custom toolbar.
In situations where you need your own distributable .exe install file for your toolbar, we can build the custom installer for you. The cost for this service is a one time $195 fee, plus $195 per year to cover updates. Contact us for more information.
Note: A custom install is an optional service and you can still distribute your toolbar for free without it. See the manual for other distribution options.
To remove Toolbarbrowser from FireFox
- Click on 'Add-On' submenu from the 'Tools' menu of FireFox.
- From the Add-ons window, select 'ToolbarBrowser'
- Click on 'Uninstall' option
To remove Toolbarbrowser from IE
The Toolbarbrowser can be uninstalled from the Control Panel
- Click on 'Control Panel' from All Programs in the Start menu
- Click on 'Uninstall a program'
- Select 'ToolbarBrowser' program from the list
- Click on 'Uninstall'